Dr Machteld Inge van Dooren, LL.M.
Specialised in human rights law at the University of Essex, United Kingdom, at the International Institute of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France, and at the Human Rights Centre of the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
Completed a doctorate concerning the right to work free from racial discrimination at Tilburg University, the Netherlands, in 1997 (‘Recht op arbeid vrij van rassendiscriminatie’, dissertation published by Stichting NJCM-Boekerij, Leiden, the Netherlands, 1997 (ISBN 90-6750-032-1))
- Author of several publications in the field of, inter alia, racial discrimination, social human rights, and the application of international human rights provisions in the Netherlands. She also wrote the book ‘Inleiding Mensenrechten’ (editor: Boom Juridische Uitgevers, The Hague, the Netherlands, 2002 (ISBN 9789054542315)); the book was translated by the author under the title Introduction to Human Rights Law (HROR 2)
- Has more than ten years experience in lecturing on international law and human rights
- Member of NJCM, the Dutch section of the International Commission of Jurists, since 1996
- Provided expert commentary for the ICJ Practitioners Guide on Migration and International Human Rights Law 2011
- Established the Human Rights Office in the Netherlands, 18 September 2001; since 2010 the office has been based in Gillingham, Kent, UK.